- Reading Assignments
- Labs: lab1, lab2, lab3, lab4, lab5, lab6, lab7, lab8, lab9, lab10, lab11, lab12, lab13, lab14, lab15, lab16, lab17, lab18, lab19, lab20
- Solutions to Labs: lab1, lab2, lab3, lab4, lab5, lab6, lab7, lab8, lab9, lab10, lab11, lab12, lab13, lab14, lab15, lab16, lab17, lab18, lab19, lab20
- Problem Sets: ps1, ps2, ps3, ps4, Complete Lab 10 in lieu of ps5, Complete Lab 12 in lieu of ps6, ps7, ps8
- Final Project Requirements
- Example Final Projects: example1, example2, example3, example4
Econ 224 is an applied data analysis course that will introduce you to key ideas from modern statistical learning and causal inference, and give you hands-on experience applying them to real-world problems. Topics will include regression, randomized controlled trials, classification, instrumental variables, shrinkage methods, random forests, regression discontinuity, and differences-in-differences. Econ 224 will make heavy use of the R programming language. For more information on the topics covered, see the schedule on the course syllabus, posted above.